- Dean on Is Bob Townley’s $150 flag football “affordable”
- Ryan Stenta on Winners and losers if the BPCA were to be dissolved
- Editor on Tip: How to avoid buying junk clothing
- Editor on Idiots claim “wailing” sound from new WTC
- Mariama on Idiots claim “wailing” sound from new WTC
- Liz on Is Sheldon Silver really fighting for more schools?
- Battery Park Dad on Is Sheldon Silver really fighting for more schools?
- Stephen on Is Sheldon Silver really fighting for more schools?
Most Read Posts
- Exclusive: BPCA's Anne Fenton and Matt Monahan gone
- More than 15,000 read our review of North End Grill brunch
- Letter: Margaret Chin endorses idea of BPC residents serving on BPCA board
- Burberry and Michael Kors to be in new Brookfield Place
- Brookfield to buy NYMEX building in Battery Park City
- The reason Steven Starr’s planned El Vez restaurant took so long to begin
- Review: The Dead Rabbit cocktail bar and eatery
- Major changes made with Downtown Connection buses and drivers in response to BatteryPark.TV reporting
- - Brookfield Place
- - City government
- - Community Board 1
- - Downtown oversight
- - Federal government
- - NYPD First Precinct
- - State Government
- – Neighborhoods
- Art and Museums
- Asphalt Green
- Best of Downtown
- Charities Philanthropy
- Child care
- Cooking tips
- Doctors, Dentists
- Events and Activities
- Featured Residents
- Film Theater and TV
- Health and lifestyle
- Humor and pranks
- Hurricane Sandy
- In the News
- Music Bands
- Outdoor events
- Performing arts
- Premium Channel
- Real estate
- Shops and markets
- Sports and fitness
- Tip of the Week
- Wall Street
Category Archives: Bakery
November 22, 2012 By Steven E. Greer I had an ideal Thanksgiving day. I slept in until 12:00. I did not interact with a single family member all day. I did not relinquish my constitutional rights by stepping into an … Continue reading
North End Grill’s ricotta pancakes with rhubarb jam and whipped honey butter $15 Click here for the menu and contacts ______________________________________________________________ Update November 1, 2013- A very respectable number of people, 14,622, have read this story to date.
Above, the Croque Monsieur french ham and gruyere cheese with bechamel on our white pullman loaf, and a Pain Au Chocolat (croissant with small amount of chocolate inside). Below, the Quiche loraine and chocolate filled croissant at Francois Payard Bakery
Updated October 11, 2013- The Hudson Street factory of Mr. Chocolate is moving to Brooklyn. The retail operation will remain in Tribeca. With so many fine chefs moving to Brooklyn, is Manhattan no longer the leader in culinary trends?
July 18, 2013- On episode 199 of the Food Network’s “Chopped”, Duane Park Patisserie’s Madeline Lanciani won the contest with her trifle.
July 5, 2013- The $4 ham and cheese croissant, and $2 coffee, at FIKA is the best gourmet breakfast downtown because the croissants are made on site daily. (The cinnamon roll in the background, for only $3, is also made … Continue reading
The Lemon Gâteau Roulé by Payard in the Goldman Sachs alley
July 25, 2013- By Steven E. Greer As readers know, I have demanding standards when it comes to classic cookies. I can tell instantly when a variety is baked all wrong, or perverted into some French version of an American … Continue reading
July 25, 2013- We had a kindergartner write us this review, “The new Twinkies are awesome”. We agree.
Cherry and Cream Cheese Danish $4 May 4, 2013- All of the pastries, croissants, and muffins are made in-house by the pastry chefs.
April 6, 2013 By Steven E. Greer, MD We took a road trip today to taste for ourselves the Bakehouse pancakes we saw on the TV show “Toni On“. The chef/owner is Philippe Bonsignour, and his wife, Maude, also manages. … Continue reading
Financier has now relocated to the second floor by American Express, in the Winter Garden. ________________________________________________________________ 250 Vesey St, In World Financial Center between building 4 and 3 Enter on Vesey Street across from Goldman Sachs, (212) 786-3220
Update February 19, 2013 Starbucks has finally moved. It is in the WFC #1 building now. Update: January 21, 2012 The latest update from Starbucks on the date at which they will be evicted from WFC 4 is February 8. … Continue reading
Online gift box orders http://holycowbakery.com/ and on Amazon
December 16, 2012 Across the Goldman Sachs alley from Françoise Payard’s gourmet chocolate shop is the Danny Meyer Shake Shack. Interestingly, Shake Shack has entered the high-end chocolate market with $9 chocolate bars. In comparison, same sized bars at Smoke … Continue reading
*** BatteryPark.TV has selected this establishment as a Best of Downtown for Oatmeal-White-Chocolate-Walnut cookie Click images for full screen Holy Cow Bakery is now offering oatmeal-white-chocolate-walnut cookies. The cookies are chewy and packed with walnuts. They sell out fast.